Try an Italian Ketogenic breakfast today!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 55 minutes
-4 tablespoons ghee
-1 squash, halved
-Salt and black pepper to the taste
-½ cup tomatoes, chopped
-2 garlic cloves, minced
-1 cup yellow onion, chopped
-½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
-3 ounces Italian salami, chopped
-½ cup kalamata olives, chopped
-A handful parsley, chopped
1. Place squash halves on a lined baking sheet, season with salt and pepper, spread 1 tablespoon ghee over them, introduce in the oven at 400 degrees F and bake for 45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat up a pan with the rest of the ghee over medium heat, add garlic, onions, salt and pepper, stir and cook for a couple of minutes.
3. Add salami and tomatoes, stir and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add olives, stir and cook for a few minutes more.
5. Take squash halves out of the oven, scrape the flesh with a fork and add over salami mix into the pan.
6. Stir, make 4 holes in the mix, crack an egg in each, season with salt and pepper, introduce pan in the oven at 400 degrees F and bake until eggs are done.
7. Sprinkle parsley on top and serve.
Nutrition: calories 333, fat 23, fiber 4, carbs 12, protein 15